The Ritz Carlton Residences
$8M project finishes on time and within budget despite complicated logistical roadblocks
The Ritz Carlton Residences in Chicago was an $8M dollar contract in the heart of the Magnificent Mile.
At a total of 42 stories, the project included two stories of retail, seven stories of parking, four stories of mechanical equipment, an amenities floor and 28 stories of condominiums.
The logistics of the project included installing a 1,000 kW generator in a building with a very small footprint and installing exterior lighting at the 42nd and 21st floors. Located at Michigan Ave and Erie St., delivering material on a tight schedule was also a challenge.
Despite project setbacks and logistical challenges, Shamrock Electric finished on time and within budget.
Our work included:
- Installing 1,000 kW generator
- Exterior building lighting from the 42nd and 21st floors
- Vehicle elevators for the parking decks
- Integrating fire alarm and access control systems
- Post-construction buildouts of condominium units